Eternal Kingdom RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Kingdom RP

A site for casual role playing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discovering the impossible

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maikuruma

Maikuruma

Amount of messages : 47
Gold : 0
Date of registration : 2015-03-15

Character sheet
Power:
Mana Capacity:
Discovering the impossible Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Discovering the impossible Mana_b11  (1000/1000)

Discovering the impossible Empty
PostSubject: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Five years. Five years have I been hopping around saving this city and its people. And I have always done it with a smile on my face.
They have started to recognize me as their symbol of justice and hope, like some kind of real life All Might or Superman.
I can see why they would draw that comparison, I share a majority of their signature powers. Strength, speed, but most importantly, an aura that radiates hope, instilling fear into my enemies.

Justopolis is one of those classic big cities, only second in size to Tokyo I believe.
Tonight is a rainy night and as I jump from rooftop to rooftop, I scour the city for any and all situation that might need my help.
Jumping over the main park, I notice just a situation like that and so I descend there.

People are running away from something. Sadly, I do not share the height of the iconic superheroes, so I cannot see beyond the crowd and I slowly make my way over there.

When I reach the scene, it takes me a moment to respond properly to what is happening.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

Amount of messages : 173
Date of registration : 2018-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Another day started. Let's see what needs to be done today. Before I go outside I get dressed and grab the cloak to cover my body and start walking around. I don't know how long I have already been doing this. When I was young I was scared of humans and stayed far away from them, but now those emotions completely dissapeared. I greet the people outside and ask what they need.

It quickly becomes clear that they are running out of food. Meaning I have to get from the outskirts of Justopolis to the heart again to get some. I go back inside my small home to grab some weapons. I strap a few small knifes to my leg and to my back I strap the collapsible staff that I made a few months ago. I check once more if my cloak is covering my whole body except my head. If I would cover that as well I would look too suspicious. I doubt people will trust me if they see my weapons and besides I doubt it will end well if my body is seen and not just because I am good looking. People tend to not trust what they don't know even though I am no different from others with the exception of this one part on my body.

I set out a plan and start moving towards the city and the shops that I can take some food from. As the city is big no one seems to know I am the one that has been stealing supplies all around the city for the last few months. As long as I don't stick to the same shops I know I can keep doing this for a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Maikuruma

Maikuruma

Character sheet
Power:
Mana Capacity:
Discovering the impossible Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Discovering the impossible Mana_b11  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 12:33 am

I finally see what is happening when the people have cleared out. A robbery by one of those self-claimed geniuses that wants to take over the world. He has taken hold of the shops around the park and his grunts are trying to take what is not theirs.

Time to make my entrance.

"Stop right there villain. Your reign of tyranny is over now that I, Captain Supreme, have arrived!"

I hear leftover people around me murmuring, their minds put at ease. The villain is clearly shocked. Somehow these types never consider the world's Symbol of Peace and Justice to be around here.

My presence has 2 basic responses on people like this. They either surrender or start panicking and attack.
Sadly, this one is the latter and I failed to notice it in time as I am smacked away by his machine, right into a nearby shop.
As if my life hadn't become like a comic already, I am now upside down on top of some racks as I look a new face straight into the eyes.
For a moment I see something flash beneath their cloak, but I decide this is not the time.

I straighten myself and turn towards the unusual civilian.

"You better get out of here, the shops on this block are not safe right now."
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 10:49 am

While thinking about what my strategy will be this time I make my way to the heart of the city. However it soon seems like there is a lot going on here. Apparently that supposed superhero guy is fighting some bad guys again. At least it seems like he has been evacuating people meaning less security. Unfortunately it seems that the baddies had the same thought a me, so I will have to avoid them. I really don't feel like fighting if it isn't necesarry. But in case it is necessary I have my weapons with me under the cloak.

Sadly it doesn't seem like luck is on my side today as when I enter one of the shops the cringy superhero who should have been pretty far away suddenly comes flying here. It doesn't seem like he is suspecting me though as he just warns me to get to safety, but as he is hanging upside down he also gets a chance to look under my cloak. I have no idea what he could see, but if he either sees that I am armed or that I have wings on my back it could end up bad for me.

"I understand that it isn't everyday that you can look up under someone's skirt especially with someone who has a body as beautiful as mine, but I would prefer if you don't do that without my permission."

I say as I move my hair out of my face. I decide to listen to him and get out of here. I have to find another shop that I can get some stuff from, without being seen by either the bad guys or this superhero, who could become a pain in my ass as I wouldn't be seen as the good guy in his eyes either. I just move over to the exit while giving him a half-assed wave as goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Maikuruma

Maikuruma

Character sheet
Power:
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Five years of training and fighting have given me experience in noticing things others normally don't.
I notice the wings and that she is armed but before I can respond to that, she speaks.

What she says makes me blush and I quickly stand up and apologize.

"I'm sorry, I did not mean to look under anyone's skirt."

She tries to follow my advice, but before she goes, I try to stop her.

"Wait, you are not like any other civilian around here. Please, could you stick around and make sure the other shops are safe and everyone's evacuated? You do not need to enter the spotlight with me if that is something you don't like."

This girl has something going on and I have some questions about it, it would be best to keep an eye on her as much as possible for now.

But my mind is soon drawn back to the villain as well as his rampage continues. I brace myself to get back into the fray.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 9:29 pm

The guy then stops me from going out. I was already afraid he wasn't going to let me go that easily. *Sign* So he is going to arrest me now? That is what I thought at least when he stopped me, but his words after that say something else. I have no clue what he means exactly when he says that I am 'not like any other civilian around here' as I have no clue what he saw of me or what he thinks of it, but what he does after that is even stranger. He asks me to help him. No problem at all. He gives me authority to get people away from the shops and patrolling around them. He couldn't have made it easier for me to steal some things myself. I move myself closer to him until there is very little space left between us. I can feel his breath on skin even.

"Is that really what you want or do you want me close to you after you saw my body from under my skirt from that close?"

I can't help but tease him about it after that rather cute blush of his. He seems to be the type to be easily tease.

"But indeed you can keep the spotlight I will just check the stores for you in the meantime and get people to safety. You can focus on the baddies."

I take some distance again I move over to the exit again.

(In case Captain Supreme moves away from my character as she closes in on him she will stop at the place where he was standing before moving, taking his spot. Nothing after that will change.)
Back to top Go down
Maikuruma

Maikuruma

Character sheet
Power:
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 12:00 pm

My words manage to stop her and turn around. She suddenly gets uncomfortably close and I instinctively take a step back. What she says tells me she is the teasing type and noticing that she is slightly taller than me tells me that if I were to get more involved with her, she will notice as well.

*Sigh* Great. For now, I just ignore the teasing, but I can't help but retain the blush from earlier a bit.

Just when I want to speak again and tell her to go, a group of 5 grunts enter the shop.

"Quickly, surround them and kill Supreme!"
"What about that girl?"
"What about her?! Not witnesses, you know the boss' rules"

And now I have to protect her as well in this enclosed area. Not my strong suit, but I am quick to throw some of the rubble that I created when flying in here and take out one of the goons.

"Quickly young lady, stay behind me and try not to get caught up too much in this."

A fight involving her seems inevitable at this point.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 12:23 am

Really? He wants me to stay out of this? Apparantly the baddies want me dead because I am a witness. A witness of what? They are attacking the city. Everyone outside should be a witness a well. But that doesn't matter at the moment. Those guys are with 5 people. This 'supreme guy' might not be able to protect himself while also looking out for someone else, so maybe I should help him out a bit. I reach my hand to the opening of my cloak that can be found directly under the hoodie. I made the opening there so I could grab my weapon quickly even when wearing this cloak. However I quickly realize that 'supreme' might not have seen my weapons yet and maybe I should keep them hidden a little longer. I wait for a little to see what happens.

"Quite the gentle man you are."

'Supreme' takes out one of the baddies in no time. Maybe he can be a bit useful. I just wished he would use his power for more than he has been doing for the last few years. However the baddies have quite the number and it doesn't take long before one of them manages to get behind 'supreme' as he is fighting the otheres and comes towards me. Maybe he thought that he could get it easy by going after the helpless girl in the back instead of the superhero in front. Smart idea, but not smart enough. I wait for the perfect timing and as the baddy approaches me I in a quick movement swing my leg and sent the guy flying into the wall. As the baddy tries to process what just happened he looks at me with an angry face. I get the feeling that was a lucky shot of mine as he was severly underestimating me, thinking I couldn't do anything. Making sure to not underestimate me again he quickly approaches me again, but as he seems far more dangerous this time i decide to get serious too. I grab my weapon from my back as well. It now looks like a small staff or stick, but in one swift movement I show one of it's hidden features and expand it to to make it 1.5 metres long. I can protect myself quite a bit with this thing, but I should first see what these guys can do before I try to rush things.
Back to top Go down
Maikuruma

Maikuruma

Character sheet
Power:
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 12:53 pm

These grunts are powered by some kind of suit, upping their physical abilities. Probably in an attempt to emulate my strength. Sadly for them they can never get close to my level.

One of them manages to get behind me and starts facing off against the girl. She pulls out some kind of staff that extends. As I thought, this girl might be able to defend herself at least somewhat.

I still shout a little warning to her.

"Watch out, these guys are wearing a suit that amplifies their physical abilities. Their strength is enough to lift cars without problems, and they are more durable than your average Joe."

Beyond that, I don't have time to converse with her as the remaining three are jumping at me.

I barely punch one of them away before the others grapple my arms. The third recovers quickly and jabs me in the stomach. Even though I am near invincible to most humans, this one got a quick cough out of me. I don't get fazed and swing all three of them out of the shop.

Meanwhile, the fourth grunt is drawing a blade out of his suit that lights up on the edges as he menacingly walks closer to the girl.

"Sorry girly, boss' orders, you are coming with us." Then he jumps forward to try and attack her.

(Quick retcon: the bad guys want to kidnap you)
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Why did I have to run into trouble like this...? I get a bit annoyed as these opponents seem pretty durable. Than the 'supreme guy' warns me their suits. Even though I am definitely stronger than the average person I doubt I can handle these guys like this. So I have two options. A. I need to get rid of their suits or B. I just need to run. This guy seems to be easily able to handle them, so I just need to keep standing until he comes in for the rescue. That should be doable. I can't get rid of those suits without having a blade and my little knife as not gonna do it. The blade that is hidden in my staff might be able to, but that is a risk and not worth it as I will be in big trouble if 'supreme' finds out that me having another blade. Let's just hope he didn't see the knifes I am hiding. I don't feel like explaining that. I doubt this guy could understand the struggles we all have to go through.

The baddies manages to get 'supreme man' into a bind, but even that doesn't seem to do anything bad to him. It is almost boring without a struggle. I try to avoid getting hit by the baddy that is in front of me using my speed mostly. However he seems to get tired of that quickly as he draws out a blade and telling me he is after me. Why would he be after me? Did they see my wings and figured that they are real? I have had people after me before for multiple reasons. With these wings people either want to experiment with them or assume I have special abilties as I am apparently not really human in their eyes. However I don't see why I would be different just because I happen to have wings. I am just a normal human being with wings and maybe the butterfly that is always on my head might be a bit strange as well, but nothing that makes me less human.

"I can understand you would go after a pretty lady like me, but I would suggest a softer approach."

Even now that this baddy is holding a blade towards me I try to not lose my cool. If there is something that you shouldn't do in a bad situation then it would be panicking. He then jumps towards me. If the attacks are this simple I can handle it for a little while. I use my speed to dodge it. However I am trapped in a small space limiting my movements. As he swings his blade around I quickly notice the extremely destructive power of that thing. I should be more carefull and hoping that 'supreme man' will come for the rescue and when he does that I need to take the opportunity to get away from this place. Back home where these guys don't know me and I can keep protecting my life and that of the others. However I get a bit curious about why they are after me. I hope it is just because I am apparently a witness to something and not because they know me. I can't bring harm to the village. For now I just have to keep dodging until 'Supreme man' comes for the rescue and hoping he won't hit me before hand. On the other hand that blade is very destructive and he wants to take me with him. If he keeps swinging it like that at me it would just kill me instead. I can't keep up any longer so I go for a different strategy. I stop moving completely as the blade comes my way. I would get hit anyways by now, so let's see if he really is okay with actually killing me.
Back to top Go down
Maikuruma

Maikuruma

Character sheet
Power:
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 9:43 pm

"YOU IDIOT, PUT THAT THING TO STUN OR YOU KILL THE SPECIMEN THAT THE BOSS WANTS!" One of the bad guys that is in the middle of being hurled through the small shop shouts to the one that attacks the girl.

The one that gets yelled at looks dumbfounded for a moment before facepalming. He then pushes a button on the sword and the color changes.

"Sorry about that li'l miss. Now please come quie-TBLERGH!" He is unable to finish his sentence as another bad guy is smashed into him and they are both out of the count.

Within the time that the goons were conversing, I made sure they would indeed not kill this girl.

I approach her, as behind me the other three goons are in a pile of KO goon.

"You don't have to worry about them anymore," I say as I stand in between her and the doorway.

There is a reason they want this girl and I also noticed that she is unusual. There is still a villain outside that I have to take care of though, so I have to make this quick.

"I know you probably want to get away from here, from me, as fast as possible. I am not exactly the guy you want to flash your knives and wings to in your eyes probably. But these guys want you and I therefore need you to stay with me for now. I promise you are not in trouble, not even for the things you were trying to steal."

It is not hard to figure out that with a getup like that, you are prepared to go to some lengths to get what you want and she does match the profile my detective friend made up about the recent increase of small thefts across the city.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 12:48 am

I keep standing still, secretly hoping that Captain Weird Fashion comes to save the pretty damsel in distress. But before the baddy attacks me he gets stopped by one of his friends. His weapon apparantly has multiple functions. I should have thought of that before. If I ever have a chance to create a new weapon I should keep that in mind. However for now I should focus on the situation at hand. The guy mentions the word 'speciman' making it seems like it is about my wings. How do people keep finding out about my wings? I always wear a cloak outside of my house. No one even in the village knows I have wings. But again, not the time for that.

Now that I know about their weapon I also know they will try knock me out. I brace myself for whatever would happen next. However nothing happens. As I hoped 'Supreme Captain' comes for the rescue. Of course he wouldn't leave a pretty lady alone. Now that it is safe in here the big hero approaches me and as if planned he is between me and the exit. I keep looking at the entrance to find a way to get out until he starts talking to me. And my fears get confirmed. He knows about my knifes and my wings. I click my tongue as I hear that. That can only mean trouble. Waiting for a scolding by one of the most influential people in the whole city I try to not look at his eyes. However he tells me that he wants to protect me or am I understanding that wrong? It might also be a trap. In his eye I am supposed to be a baddy as well. I know it would be better to keep my mouth shut, but I need to know what his deal is.

"So you are not going to lock me up immediately? Aren't you supposed to lock up baddies? If not then what is your plan? I doubt you will let someone like me go like that."
Back to top Go down
Maikuruma

Maikuruma

Character sheet
Power:
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 11:57 am

I sigh deeply at her reply. Answers like these are expected for someone like me. But I quickly regain my signature smile as I look her in the eyes.

"I am supposed to keep the people safe from all who mean harm to them. I am not a cop, I merely make sure the cops can do their work efficiently. I don't lock up people, I deliver them to the police if I deem them a threat to society."

Looks like nothing is coming in for now, so I can try to get her to join me voluntarily a little bit more.

"Don't think that just because I wear this flashy outfit and jump over the tallest skyscrapers that I don't know what it can be like for the less fortunate. Sometimes, hands are forced and people see no other way out. But that is a problem with society and it is not something I can punch away. Through understanding and patience I hope to achieve such change. I have become the Symbol of Peace and Justice by punching people that do actual harm really hard. However, what may be less known to the public is that I also try to change policy in this city behind the screens. Justopolis is not only glamour and beauty. I know there are slums and less privileged neighborhoods. I want them to have a chance as well."

At this point I extend my hand, my smile not fading and the look in my eyes one of understanding.

"As someone who seems like they know how to handle themselves and who has a heart for people, will you join me in making this city a better place for everyone?"
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 2:01 pm

'CS' notices that I am still not really trusting him and decides to explain himself luckily. He tells me that he wants to be there for people like the ones in the village where I come from. He also tells me that he is actually trying to manipulate the system from within. For a moment I feel a bit of admiration for that, but at the same time it worries me that he might end up bringing problems for himself or others this way. The system isn´t a thing you would want to mess with. However it isn´t my problem for now. He isn´t making problems for me or my people at this moment.

He then seems to want to recruit me. Why would he do that as I clearly am not strong enough to help him? He holds his hand out to me hoping for me to grab it, but even now I am a bit reluctant. If I can get a position that is higher up I might be able to give my village a good life and save them from the system. On the other hand if he is just using me or just waiting for me to mess up to have evidence against me I could end up bringing grave harm to them. The problem is that he now knows who I am. Meaning if I don't accept he could give me problems as well. What he says seems to be to good to be true if all of that really would be his intentions.

But then I notice something else. It really is too good to be true. How didn't I question this earlier. I pull my hand that I had slowly moved towards him back.

"How do you know who I am?"

I always made it a point to get back to the village unseen. I took sometimes days after stealing something before going home. I almost know the whole city by heart as I have been everywhere. There should be no way that he knows that I am stealing for the unfortunate as he stated it. The only way he could know is that he already knows who I am for a long time. Before I can actually decide to trust him he will need to explain that to me. How does he know that I am not a real baddy that can cause real trouble to this city and it's people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discovering the impossible   Discovering the impossible I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discovering the impossible
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Kingdom RP :: RP Area :: Simulation Realm-
Jump to: