Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
One-Winged-Cat

Amount of messages : 77
Gold : 0
Date of registration : 2018-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am

Neutral POV

The wolf prepares itself for it's next attack. It noticed Atom making carvings in the ground and the tree. It stands out as it seems like wasted time to do that during a fight, but even though it sees it, the wolf doesn't have a clue as what it is for and decides to keep a bit of an eye on it, but focusses mostly on taking out it's enemy.

After circling around Atom in a quick pace for a little while to see if he is up to anything, he starts to get impatient and decides to go for an attack. Trying to avoid a predictable straight forward attack it jumps off against one of the bigger trees around it and attacks from that spot.

On the edge of the mountain roads can now be spotted other wolfs looking at the fight as if they are there to support the the big wolf. But even though they start there they don't seem to have any intention to join the fight as if they don't want or can't leave the mountain.

"I will finish you!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tempest

Amount of messages : 180
Gold : 1914
Date of registration : 2012-10-24

Character sheet
Power: Earth Gear
Mana Capacity:
240/240  (240/240)

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:58 pm

So far so good. I've managed to avoid a direct attack and somewhat managed to lure the wolf away from the girl. The grass I rubbed on her should subdue her scent, but I noticed it worked to slow. Now if I manage to create enough distance it shouldn't be able to find her that easily anymore. Not only that, but I seem to get more and more on track. It shouldn't be that far away from here.

The wolf seems somewhat hesitant now not going for the attack immediately as it did before. It then suddenly start to run around in circles, as if to restrict my movements. Knowing the dangers I keep a close eye on the wolf as it paces itself. I slowly edge to the back as it goes trying to anticipate its next attack. It then leaps once more and I quickly jump to the right again. This time, however, the wolf's aim is slightly off as it leaps to a tree close by before going after me. This sudden change in attack prevents me from properly making another escaping leap. Feeling I won't make it in time I instinctively move the knife in front of me and prepare for impact as the wolf tackles me with full force.

I'm sent flying like a bullet shot from a gun as the world around me spins. My momentum is only stopped as I crash into a tree. The impact of my back hitting the tree pushes the air out of lungs as I then fall almost lifeless to the ground. It takes a few seconds from for vision to return as my surrounding is blurry. It takes a lot of effort to lift my hand as I push the bloodied knife into the ground next to me. As the knife pierces the ground I feel a small sense of relief as I seem to have finally found it, by dumb luck. That impact must have hurt the wolf as well as it charged straight into my knife. I try to get back up the sheer pain is preventing me from doing so.

The wolf's words ring deeply inside my mind as it is filled with fear and anger. The violent rush of adrenaline quickly numbs the pain, and my desire to live push me to move. I slowly manage to get back to my feet as I gasp for air, waiting for the wolf's next move, hoping it will be it's last...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eternal-kingdom.forumotion.com
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   Yesterday at 11:55 pm

The blood comes gushing from the wolf, coloring the green forest in a crimson red. However it refuses to give up. Although a bit stumbling it runs up to Atom again wanting to launch a fatal attack.

'Stop it!'

I couldn't let Atom on his own after all. After getting my sense of reality back I started to move. It took longer than I hoped as I kept falling and had to lean on the trees to move forward. I still feel like I can barely stand, but I try to ignore that.

As I reached Atom and the wolf I lauched another attack on it. I summoned a small ball of light and threw it at the wolf. My aim is slightly off as I fall down from the impact of sending the ball of light across, but I still manage to hit it and as it was in the air as it wanted to jump at Atom I manage to sent it flying to it's right against a tree.

Now sitting on the ground I create another ball of light ready to throw at the wolf. It stands up seems confused as for who to attack, but it noticed that if he sets one more step in Atom's direction that I will attack it.

It then turns around and runs of. I don't know if it was the right decision to let it go, but I don't know if I can beat it in my state so it isn't too bad for now.

With some help from the tree I manage to stand up again and move over to Atom. At first I want to ask if he is alright, but it feels like a useless question. Of course he isn't.

'Is there something I can do? Should I get your backpack?'

I didn't take it with me as I can barely carry my own weight at the moment, let alone taking the backpack with me, but I know that if he asks for it that I can do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:
240/240  (240/240)

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   Today at 1:14 am

The world feels like it is moving in slow-motion. At that moment all I could process is me and the wolf who's approaching fast. The wolfs leaps in for another attack. Probably because of my injured body, it takes a while for me to respond. Knowing I already missed my chance to fully dodge another attack I prepare for another jump while setting myself up for an attack. It then happens in an instant, but the blow I was expecting never happens. It takes a while for me to notice but the wolf got blown away by some unknown force. I slowly glance over to the source of the blow and notice the girl sitting on the ground. H-How did she...

She creates an orb of light, which is probably the same thing she used to hit the wolf the first time. Not knowing what to do I stand my ground watching the movement of the wolf carefully. The tension once again grows, but after a short while, the wolf decides to flee. I sigh a breath of relief as I feel like the weight of the world has been put off my shoulders. I start to wonder why it now suddenly decided to run, but my mind quickly becomes blank as the pain kicks in again and I fall back to the ground. The effects of the adrenaline must have worn off now that a major threat is gone. The girls then come over, barely able to stand on her own two feet as she once again seems far more concerned about my health than that of her own.

"Hehe... Why don't you just sit down here with me for a moment? I doubt anything I have in my backpack can fix me any faster than that I do naturally. N-Not only that, but you don't seem to do well yourself either. It looks like we both won't be going anywhere soon, so why don't you keep me company for a while?"
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   Today at 9:55 pm

As the wolf disappears the omninous darkness disappears as well. I don't think the wolf will completely give up now, but at least it feels safe for now. However as the unnatural darkness disappears it becomes visible that a natural darkness is approaching. It is getting late and even though I think that big wolf will stay away for awhile that doesn't make the night safe. Atom has to be tired. Getting him some food would also be nice, but I have no idea how to do that. I can't go look for something if he is lying on the ground here, injured. We will have to do without for today...

"I will stay here, so you can fall asleep. I will wake you up when there is light again or if something happens, but let's hope that doesn't happen."

I don't know what Atom put on my ankles earlier, but it seems to be working now. As long as I stay put I barely feel anything. Tomorrow morning I will probably be fine again. Or at least it will be back to how it was. I hope this didn't delay the healing process.

I do feel bad that he used his good stuff on me instead of using it for something more useful, but tomorrow we will probably part ways and I will go home as well...

I actually feel a bit sad. It was kinda fun to learn more of the world and it was a bit of fun as well to be with someone that doesn't know who I am, to be treated like a human for once... That is actually pretty bad... I should know my place instead of pretending to be a human. It will just be until tomorrow, after we part ways I will never pretend to be human again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:
240/240  (240/240)

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   Today at 11:08 pm

The weird darkness that was looming seems to have vanished but is replaced by the darkness of the night. Has it really been that long? At my request, the girl seems to have decided to stay. She immediately offers to stay guard, but in this situations, I doubt it will be useful. The herbs and grass I rubbed on the both of us should still somewhat work against normal predators, so we should be safe from them for the night. Even if it won't work, staying on guard won't help much. It takes effort for me to just deal with the pain, so moving, let alone running is out of the question. So even if she woke me up there isn't much I can then do. Not only that, but she seems to be in need of a rest as well.

"D-Don't bother... I can wake myself up if there is light and even if something were to happen, there isn't much that I can do about it... Like you said let's just hope we won't get any more trouble for now. B-Besides, I think you can use some rest yourself as well."

Silence between the two of us falls. With my body like this, my body is pumping blood hard enough the topple to sound of the wind. I use the silence to think a few things through. Many questions about this girl pop into my mind, at the same time I feel reserved to ask them, seeing how closed off she seems. After a while, waiting in silence, I decided to ask her something.

"Hey, do mind sharing with me what you're next destination is?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   

Back to top Go down

A New Life
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3